Purpose for Personal Data Collection
WesTel will collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the provisioning of the Services;
- for marketing of goods and/or services by us, our agents in relation to the Services;
- for processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with the Services;
- for forming part of customer data base necessary for the operation carried on by WesTel;
- for analyzing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Services;
- for processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you;
- for credit management of your account including collection of amounts outstanding in your account in relation to the Services;
- for enabling us to comply with our obligations to interconnect or other industry practices or government regulatory requirements; and
- for any purposes related to and/or for the furtherance of any of the above.
Types of personal information we collect
The Personal Data will be collected by WesTel includes, but not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your gender;
- Your birthday and age;
- Your identity document number and copy;
- Your contact telephone numbers and fax number;
- Your home address and billing address;
- Your email address;
- Your driver licence number;
- Your credit card information;
- Your bank account number;
- Your occupation; and/or
- Your favourite activities;
Types of corporate information we collect
- Your Company's name;
- Company address;
- Incorporation and Business Registration number and copy;
- Nature of business;
- Particulars of your employees or officers;
- Banking information; and
- Historic location data of your mobile device.
The above personal data will be collected on a voluntary; open and fair basis. Refusal to provide such information may render us unable to handle any application or request you are making. If you are under the age of 18, consent from your parent or guardian is required before you give us any personally identifiable information.
Your Right on Your Personal Data
All personal data are stored in a secure place and/or system to the extent that accessment can only be made by our authorised personnel.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will be retained in our file for a reasonable period after termination of your subscription but in any event not more than 5 years after its termination.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information
Normally, your information will be shared among WesTel employees, associated companies, contractors/subcontractors, business partners, agents and credit reference agencies etc... If you do not want to have your information disclosed to any third party, please write to our Data Protection Officer.
You may receive contact from us or affiliated companies from time to time with a view to providing the latest information on products and services. If you do not want to receive these updates, please write to our Data Protection Officer at 11/F, Kingsfield Center, 18 Shell Street, North Point, Hong Kong. You may be asked to indicate your preference before signing up for any of our paid services.
Remark: This statement is available in both English and Chinese and both language versions shall have the same effect. Should there be any discrepancy between the English and Chinese version, this English version shall prevail.