WesTel's Online Services
Proprietary Right Notices and Web Disclaimer
The digital maps and mapping information in Westel.com.hk are copyright reserved: Survey and Mapping Office, Lands Department - reproduction by permission only. Your use of the digital maps and/or mapping information of Westel.com.hk is conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms and conditions contained hereunder.
The Information may be protected under intellectual property laws and rights (including without limitation laws protecting copyright). If the User downloads, copies, transmits, publishes, stores or otherwise uses the Information without the consent of the owner of such rights, the User may infringe such laws or rights. It is the User's responsibility to determine whether any such infringement ("Copyright Infringement") will occur.
The mapping information provided on this web site is for private use only and is not intended to be relied on. It is provided without responsibility on the part of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("The Government"). The Government gives no warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the accuracy or completeness of the mapping information and shall not be liable for any damage resulting from the use of such information.
The GPS (Global Positioning System) is operated by the government of the United States of America which is solely responsible for its accuracy and maintenance. Although the GPS device is a precision electronic tool, it can be misused, misinterpreted or interfered, and therefore become unsafe. Use the GPS device at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, Westel shall not be liable to the User or any other person whether in tort, contract, statute or otherwise (including without limitation for negligence, breach of contract, defamation, or intellectual property right infringement) for:
1. any direct loss;
2. any consequential or indirect loss (including without limitation loss of revenue or profits); or
3. the User's liability to any other person, which is suffered or incurred by the User or any other person arising under or in any way out of the Information or the Westel Services.
Without limitation to the foregoing, Westel shall not be liable to the User or any other person, body corporate, unincorporated association or an authority for any failure, delay, malfunction or non-performance of the Westel Services or any function relating thereto directly or indirectly.
Westel does not warrant (and accepts no responsibility for) confidentiality of any information or data whether personal or otherwise transmitted through the Westel Servers and/or Westel Services. Westel's current practice is to take reasonable steps to maintain confidentiality. (Refer also to Westel's personal data policies current from time to time).
In consideration of Westel allowing the User access to the Information, Westel Site, Westel Servers and/or Westel Services, the User agrees:
1. not carry out or allow any Copyright Infringement;
2. not to use the Information or the User's access to the Westel Site, Westel Servers and/or Westel Services for any illegal, improper, obscene or defamatory purpose or any purpose which is prohibited hereunder;
3. not to use the Westel Services in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Westel Service (or the network(s) connected to any Westel Services) or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of any Westel Services;
4. not to attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Westel Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Westel Services through hacking or any other means;
5. unless otherwise specified, not to use the Westel Services for any commercial purpose. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Westel's Services;
6. to Westel conducting research on access to the Information;
7. to all Westel's disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in this disclaimer, and to Westel's personal data policies current from time to time applying.
Rights of Westel
Westel reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Westel Services at any time, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
Westel reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as Westel deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Westel's sole discretion.
Law and Severability
Hong Kong law governs this disclaimer, and each part of this disclaimer shall apply to the extent permitted thereby. Any part of this disclaimer which is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction is ineffective as to that jurisdiction only to the extent of the prohibition or unenforceability. That does not invalidate the remaining parts of this disclaimer nor affect the validity or enforceability of that part in any other jurisdiction. This disclaimer is available in both English and Chinese and both language versions shall have the same effect.
Westel expressly, to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any responsibility, liability, representation or warranty:
1. in relation to the quality, operation, use, accuracy, or timeliness of, or the fitness or use for any purpose of the Westel Services or the Information;
2. in relation to any goods or services accessed, offered or obtained through the Westel Servers or the Westel Services or pursuant to the Information;
3. that any access to the Westel Servers, the Westel Services or the Information will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Information does not contain any viruses, or contaminating or destructive properties;
4. that the Information will not be objectionable or offensive to the User or any other person;
5. for any error, omission or misstatement in or arising from the Information.
Westel disclaims all liability for any loss or damages resulting from the use of the online services, hardware electronic devices, and software, including without limitation contingent, special, or incidental liability.
Westel also disclaims any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Westel will not be responsible for any damage suffered including loss of data resulting from delays, nondeliveries, misdeliveries, or service interruptions caused by other service providers, subscriber's errors or omissions or Westel's negligence. Use of any information obtained from Westel is at your own risk. Westel specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of the information obtained through its services.
This disclaimer limits the liability of WESTEL and its associated companies, employees, agents, contractors and any third party Information provider (collectively "Westel") in relation to any such use, Information, goods and services.
For any inquiries regarding this Proprietary Right Notice, please contact our customer service hotline at 2687-2039 or email@example.com